Granola bars are one of the most popular on-the-go snacks that keep you full until your next meal, help control your blood sugar levels or just pose as a healthy dessert. Made out of oats, fruit, and nuts, they’re nutritionally dense and provide your body with minerals and vitamins!
While homemade granola is healthy, store-bought ones can have a lot of added sugar and corn syrup. These delicious DIY granola bars are packed with quality ingredients, perfect for mid-day snacks, school lunches, and breakfasts.
How to make a DIY granola bar?
What you’ll need:
- 2 ½ cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, etc.)
- ½ cup honey or 1 ½ full cup of pitted dates
- ¼ tablespoon kosher salt
- ¾ cups additional ingredients of your choice- dried fruit, seeds or nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the oats and nuts on the parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Once done, put all ingredients in a large bowl, add honey/ground dates and mix together.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper again, put the mixture in it, and press firmly until set.
- Cool in your fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving!
Tip: You can individually wrap every bar in parchment paper to carry with you when going to work/pack for your kind’s school lunches etc.